Thursday, December 26, 2013

Stripes!


 "love will tear us apart" --Joy Division
With holiday break comes abandoning the beautiful city of Chicago that I call home and exchanging it for my old (but delightful) bedroom back home in the suburbs. The positives are catching up with friends and spending time with family, listening to old school punk and writing lots of poetry.













I'm absolutely in love with these new suede heeled booties from ModCloth; they're comfortable and versatile. I've hardly gone a day without them since they came in! This outfit also consists of my essential high waisted black cigarette jeans from Urban Outfitters and a thrifted, striped crop top. 
A New Kind of Record
by: Dana Alsamsam

my swiveling fingers
get caught in the needle
of my record player
that sort of looks like a suitcase
and my body stretches, 
runs itself around
at 120 beats per minute
until I have melted and morphed
into my own record.
I've packed all I need
in this assonant suitcase
and learned to love my heart's 
vinyl encasing.

I only play sad songs
but I am happier this way

My hair is getting long enough to loose curl and middle part it again! And of course, the cat eye is always a must. 


1 comment:

  1. OMG Those boots are adorable!!! Literally swooning over them <3 Love the soft velvet and your crop top. And of course, those pretty paintings on your wall ;)
    Great poem <3 so dreamy! Totally can relate to it....Happy break, Dana! xx

    ReplyDelete