Friday, November 1, 2013

Oh, Mr. Gatsby!

“I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” --Daisy Buchanan (The Great Gatsby)


Hands down, no question about it, undeniably and irrevocably, Halloween is my favorite holiday (and day in general) of the entire year. My every day wardrobe has always held tinges of the lovely Wednesday Addams who naturally appears in peoples mindscapes on October 31st. The weather is lovely, the autumn leaves are lovely, the darkness is lovely. This year I spent a part of the Thursday at a beautiful cafe called 'Bourgeois Pig' and stressed out about my Daisy Buchanan costume coming together perfectly. 


 “I was within and without. Simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.” 
To my delight, the costume came together just how I had planned. My thrifting expertise came in handy when in need of some true vintage wear. Classy is the standard that I live by and I could not help but be satisfied when I saw girls dressed up as 'Franzia' boxed wine... really? You've dressed yourself up as cheap wine for Halloween? At least sharpie the name of some nice chardonnay on your skimpy excuse for a dress. Anyways, it all came together and my Gatsby looked lovely as well! Happy Halloween!
 “You see I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad things that happened to me.” 


1 comment: